Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 Fresh Express Sweet Kale Chopped Kit
- 1 Cup Brown Rice, Short Grain
- 2 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- 3 – 4 oz. Fillets Salmon Fillets, Skin On, Organic
- 2 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp. Granulated Sugar
- 2 ½ Tbsp. Canola Oil
- ¼ tsp. Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Tarragon, Fresh Minced
- 2 ounces Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Heat a medium sauce pan to high heat.
- Add butter and begin to melt the butter. Add the rice to the melted butter. Continue to toast the rice for 1 minute, and stir occasionally until brown rice is coated in butter.
- In the same sauce pan add vegetable stock and bring the pot to a boil.
- Reduce the pot to a simmer and cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 30 minutes or until brown rice is tender; Chill the rice and reserve.
- Generously coat the salmon fillets with the salt and sugar. And reserved in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Score skin with a sharp knife. Try to just cut to the flesh and not into the salmon.
- In a small mixing bowl combine minced tarragon and extra virgin olive oil, and reserve.
- Gently rinse salmon in cold water and reserve.
- Heat a medium sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Add canola oil and heat until the oil begins to smoke.
- Season salmon with salt and black pepper and Place the fillets, skins side down in the sauté pan.
- Turn the heat down to medium and continue to cook.
- With a fish spatula, gently flip over each fillet and continue to pan sear for an additional 1 ½ minutes. Place the pan of salmon in the convectional oven and continue to cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl combine Fresh Express Sweet Kale Chopped Kit and toss with the dressing and the cheese and toss together until well incorporated.
- Serve with the warm salmon skin side up and garnish with the tarragon oil drizzled over the top of the salad.
Add a Poultry Protein
Shred some leftover chicken or turkey on top.