Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 2 (9.6-ounce) packages Fresh Express® Twisted Asian Caesar Chopped Salad Kits®
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Place 1/2 cup of the mixture into a small saucepan. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and onion to the remaining mixture in the bowl. Transfer to a large resealable plastic bag. Add salmon and toss to coat. Refrigerate for one hour, turning the bag once or twice.
- Mix 2 teaspoons corn starch with 2 teaspoons water in a small bowl. Add the corn starch to the soy sauce mixture in the saucepan. Cook on medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium-high; oil the grill grate with nonstick cooking spray.
Spread the asparagus on a large plate. Drizzle with remaining olive oil, turning the spears until they are evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt. Place the asparagus on the grill, perpendicular to the grate. Grill for 5 minutes, turning occasionally, or until slightly charred. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Oil grill grate again. Remove salmon from marinade and discard marinade. Grill salmon for 4 to 6 minutes a side, or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- To Make the Twisted Asian Caesar Chopped Salad Kit®:
Place the Fresh Express® Twisted Asian Caesar Chopped Salad Kits® into a large bowl; toss with salad dressing and toppings.
- To Assemble:
Divide the salad and the asparagus evenly among four plates. Top the asparagus with the salmon. Brush the salmon with the reserved teriyaki glaze.