Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 2 cups Fresh Express 50/50 Mix
- 1 Tablespoon low-fat butter spread
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons thyme, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup lowfat milk
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 Tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, blanched and shocked
- 8 pieces of low-fat whole wheat bread
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, and continue to cook until the onions are softened, about 3 to 5 minutes more. Add the wine, increase the heat to medium-high, bring the wine to a boil and cook until reduced by half, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the milk and mix in the chicken and peas.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl, and refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes.
- Later, stir in the mayonnaise, parsley and celery. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the chicken mixture amount 4 pieces of bread. On remaining bread, spread on 1/4 tsp mayonnaise. Then, on the mayonnaise, place the spinach.
- Top with remaining bread and grill on a panini press until both sides are golden brown.
Store it Smart
Keep leftover salad in its original container because it’s especially designed for keeping salad fresh for longer. Just seal it as tightly as possible.