Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 2 cups Fresh Express 50/50 Mix
- 1 Tablespoon low-fat butter spread
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons thyme, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup lowfat milk
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 Tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, blanched and shocked
- 8 pieces of low-fat whole wheat bread
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, and continue to cook until the onions are softened, about 3 to 5 minutes more. Add the wine, increase the heat to medium-high, bring the wine to a boil and cook until reduced by half, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the milk and mix in the chicken and peas.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl, and refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes.
- Later, stir in the mayonnaise, parsley and celery. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the chicken mixture amount 4 pieces of bread. On remaining bread, spread on 1/4 tsp mayonnaise. Then, on the mayonnaise, place the spinach.
- Top with remaining bread and grill on a panini press until both sides are golden brown.
Immersion Blenders Save the Day
It’s a super mess-free way to blend, chop and froth a dressing in no time.