Taco Dip Salad
Taco Dip Salad
Turn this classic dip into a spooky salad to serve for Halloween. Leave off the spooky spider web and enjoy this dish all year long with your family and friends!
- 3 (9-ounce) packages Fresh Express® Hearts of Romaine Lettuce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1-ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 (16-ounce) can zesty salsa flavored refried beans
- 1 (16-ounce) jar thick and chunky salsa, medium or hot
- 2 cups guacamole
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced black olives drained
- 1 (14-ounce) package tortilla chips
- Cook beef in a skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Sprinkle with taco seasoning; mix well. Add water; cook for 2 minutes or until water is absorbed. Transfer to a bowl; cool to room temperature. Add cilantro; mix well.
- Evenly spread the refried beans into a 9-inch pie plate; top with the seasoned ground beef and salsa. Drop the guacamole by the spoonful across the top of the salsa, then carefully spread it to make a smooth layer.
- Place the sour cream into a small resealable bag; cut off the corner. Pipe the sour cream to create a web pattern on top of the guacamole.
- Put the pie plate in the center of a 15 x 18 inches tray. Arrange Fresh Express® Hearts of Romaine Lettuce around the pie plate. Top lettuce with cheddar cheese, tomatoes, and olives. Serve with tortilla chips.
Tips: Make a spider out of black olives to place in the center of the web. Serve some of the lettuce in a bowl on the side if it doesn’t all fit on your platter. For non-Halloween gatherings, change the sour cream spider web design to a football, or another theme that matches the occasion.