Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 2 cups Fresh Express Baby Spinach
- 4 assorted color bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 whole peeled canned tomatoes (preferably San Marzano tomatoes)
- 3 Tablespoons canned tomato juice
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 fresh lemon for garnish
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice tops off of bell peppers, and carefully remove the ribs and seeds of the peppers.
- If needed, carefully slice bottom of the pepper to allow the peppers to have a 'base' to stand up.
- Season peppers with extra virgin olive oil, salt and fresh ground pepper
- Place peppers in a baking dish, with a water bath (about 3/4 inch of water) and cook approximately 50 minutes, until tender
- When peppers are done cooking, remove from oven and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- While peppers are cooking, cook the quinoa according to package
- When quinoa is done, hand crush the tomatoes and tomato juices into a large saute pan.
- Stir in spinach, carrots, 3/4 of the basil sauce, 1/2 of the feta cheese and garbanzo beans.
- Over medium heat, cook until spinach is wilted and all ingredients are well incorporated (approximately 15 minutes)
- Squeeze lemon juice over the quinoa mixture
- Spoon quinoa into bell peppers and top with remaining basil sauce.
- Top with 1/2 cuo of feta cheese
- 4 ounces Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup basil, chopped