Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 bag Fresh Express 3 Color Coleslaw
- 16 shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 2 red jalapenos, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 T. olive oil
- 4 T. cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 T. mint leaves, roughly chopped
- In a medium saute pan, heat the olive oil and sliced red jalapenos over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp and cook until just opaque.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Fresh Express 3 Color Coleslaw, cilantro and mint.
- Drizzle with Thai peanut dressing and toss together.
- Separate slaw into four bowls, and top each with four cooked shrimp and cooked sliced red jalapenos, along with the peanuts.
- 1 ¼ cup peanuts, roasted and unsalted
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 2 T. Thai fish sauce
- 1 T. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 t. sesame oil
- 1 T. lime juice
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut, shredded and unsweetened
- Coarse salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Combine 1 cup of peanuts, a clove of garlic, brown sugar, Thai fish sauce, low sodium soy sauce, coconut milk, sesame oil, lime juice, seasoned rice vinegar, and shredded unsweetened coconut in a blender, and puree until smooth.
Put an Egg on It
It’s a myth that egg yolk is filled with “bad” cholesterol. Actually, one large egg contains important nutrients like vitamin D, riboflavin, phosphorous and selenium.