Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 package Fresh Express Spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cream, butter, nutmeg, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Place spinach and carrots in a vegetable steamer.
- Steam until leaves are just barely wilted.
- Drain in a colander, shaking to remove excess water.
- Stir spinach and carrots into heavy cream mixture.
Crunch it Up
Add some crunchy texture for interest. Try apples, radishes, snap peas, water chestnuts or any kind of nut or seed.