Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 bag Fresh Express Double Carrots lettuce mix
- 2 cups leftover cooked noodles or 1/4 pound thin noodles (rice noodles, whole wheat or regular spaghetti, or soba noodles)
- 3/4 cup edamame, shelled
- 3 scallions, green part sliced thinly
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup unsalted roasted peanuts, shelled and chopped (sunflower kernels may be substituted)
- Cook noodles (if not cooked already) according to package directions.
- Drain, rinse and cool.
- Toss noodles, edamame, scallions and red pepper with half the dressing in a large salad bowl.
- Add lettuce bag to noodle mixture, and toss with additional dressing as needed.
- Garnish with peanuts before serving.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whisk all ingredients for together in a small bowl.
Put an Egg on It
It’s a myth that egg yolk is filled with “bad” cholesterol. Actually, one large egg contains important nutrients like vitamin D, riboflavin, phosphorous and selenium.