Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 (7.7-ounce) package Fresh Express® Spinach & Bacon Salad Kit®
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 ciabatta rolls, baked according to package directions
- Place the mushroom caps, smooth side up, in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over the mushroom caps. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes, turning once. Reserve marinade for basting.
- Heat an outdoor or indoor grill to high; oil the grill grate. Grill the mushrooms for 5 to 8 minutes on each side or until tender, brushing with marinade. Top with cheese; grill for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Place the Fresh Express® Spinach & Bacon Salad Kit® into a large bowl; toss with the salad dressing. Add the toppings; toss to combine.
- Serve mushroom burgers on ciabatta rolls topped with the Spinach & Bacon Salad Kit®. Serve remaining salad on the side.
- Tip: For a meatless dish, remove the bacon from the salad.