Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 2 packages Fresh Express Baby Spinach
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1/2 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- Extra virgin olive oil cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 cups your favorite marinara
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a bowl, combine parmigiano reggiano, bread crumbs and salt. Stir until the seasoning is full incorporated.
- Place eggs in a separate, shallow bowl. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture, then dredge the chicken in the bread crumb mixture. Coat entire chicken with crumbs.
- Place chicken on a wire rack on a baking sheet and bake approximately 35-40 minutes until the chicken is done (165 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil and add pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, coat a large sauté pan with cooking spray. Add spinach and wilt and then add garlic and marinara. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat. When pasta is ready, drain and then add to the sauté pan.
- Keep pasta on low heat until chicken is done. Then when the chicken is done, take out of oven and set aside.
- Portion 4 servings of pasta into pasta bowls. Top each pasta with chicken breast.
Put an Egg on It
It’s a myth that egg yolk is filled with “bad” cholesterol. Actually, one large egg contains important nutrients like vitamin D, riboflavin, phosphorous and selenium.