A fresh corn quesadilla is the perfect accompaniment to this salsa verde chicken salad made with the Fresh Express® Mexican Style Chopped Kit®.
- 2 (10.8-ounce) packages Fresh Express® Mexican Style Chopped Kits®
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa verde, your preference of heat level
- 3 ears corn on the cob, husks and silk removed; blanched
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Chihuahua® cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- Guacamole, if desired
- Cook chicken in salsa verde in a large, covered skillet over medium heat for 20 minutes, turning once, until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove chicken, reserving 1/2 cup of salsa verde; shred chicken with two forks. Toss chicken with reserved salsa verde; keep warm.
- Place one tortilla in a large, dry nonstick skillet. Sprinkle the entire tortilla with 1/2 cup cheese. Top half of the tortilla with 1/2 cup corn. Cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until tortilla is lightly browned and the cheese is melted; flip the tortilla in half placing the cheese side over the corn. Keep warm. Repeat with other tortillas.
- Place the greens from the Fresh Express® Mexican Style Chopped Kits® into a large bowl; toss with the salad dressings. Evenly divide the salad among four shallow bowls.
- Top with chicken, remaining corn, and tomato. Sprinkle with the toppings and cheese from the chopped kits.
- Cut each quesadilla into four pieces. Place the quesadilla pieces along the side of the salad bowl.