Irish Pub Salad
Irish Pub Salad
This hearty salad, full of vegetables and protein, served with a delicious tarragon dressing, is perfect to serve for St. Patrick’s Day or any time of year.
- 2 (11-ounce) packages Fresh Express® Green and Crisp Salad Blend
- 12 ounces Yukon gold potatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces asparagus
- 7 ounces fully cooked hardwood smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 large ripe tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 (15-ounce) jar sliced beets, drained
- 2 hard cooked eggs, peeled, cut into quarters
- 5 ounces aged Irish cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- Irish soda bread, optional
Creamy Tarragon Dressing Ingredients (makes 1-1/2 cups):
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of water; stir in salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain. Cool to room temperature.
- Cook asparagus in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes; transfer to a large bowl filled with ice water. Drain; set aside.
- Place Fresh Express® Green and Crisp Salad Blend on a large platter. Arrange the potatoes, asparagus, sausage, tomato, beets, eggs, and cheese on the lettuce. If you have extra ingredients, replenish them as needed.
- Once salad is served, drizzle each portion with Tarragon dressing. Serve with Irish Soda bread, if desired.
Creamy Tarragon Dressing Instructions:
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.