Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 2 packages Fresh Express Sweet Butter Lettuce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon blue cheese crumbles
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, trimmed and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat crackers, crushed (approximately 1 whole sleeve)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Set a wire rack on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Place beaten eggs and crackers into two separate, shallow bowls. Add salt and pepper to the cracker mixture. Stir until the seasoning is full incorporated. Then, dip the chicken into the egg mixture, then dredge the chicken in the cracker mixture. Coat entire chicken with cracker crumbs.
- Place chicken on the wire rack and bake approximately 35-40 minutes until the chicken is done (165 degrees F)
- When the chicken is done, remove from the oven, then slice into thin strips.
- In a bowl, combine the greens, hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, red onion, celery and dressing. Mix until the salad dressing is fully incorporated. Separate onto 4 separate serving plates and then top each salad with chicken slices. Garnish with blue cheese crumbles.
- 1/2 cup favorite light blue cheese dressing
Put an Egg on It
It’s a myth that egg yolk is filled with “bad” cholesterol. Actually, one large egg contains important nutrients like vitamin D, riboflavin, phosphorous and selenium.