Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 bag Fresh Express Green Leaf Shreds
- 12 medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- ½ cup fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 small white onion, fine diced
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Preheat broiler with the rack in the highest position.
- Coat shrimp with oil and season with salt and pepper in a rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil shrimp until pink in color, about five minutes.
- Stir and broil another five minutes.
- Warm corn tortillas over a kitchen burner just till edges are crisp, or wrap in foil and heat in the oven for five minutes.
- Smear 1 T. chipotle lime dressing on each tortilla.
- Divide shrimp evenly among tortillas and top with onion, cilantro and Fresh Express Green Leaf Shreds.
- Serve with remaining chipotle lime dressing and lime wedges.
- Coarse salt
- Ground pepper
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- Juice and 1 t. zest of a lime
- 2 t. chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- In a small bowl, combine nonfat sour cream, lime zest and juice with the minced chipotles.
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
Crunch it Up
Add some crunchy texture for interest. Try apples, radishes, snap peas, water chestnuts or any kind of nut or seed.