Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 2 (10.9-ounce) packages Fresh Express® Sweet Kale Chopped Kits®
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup tri-color quinoa, rinsed
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Cook onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large saucepan over medium heat for 2 minutes or until tender. Add chicken broth and quinoa. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Cool to room temperature.
- Heat oven to 375°F
Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper; sprinkle with rosemary. Cook chicken in 2 tablespoons canola oil in an oven-proof skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes a side or until browned. Transfer skillet to the oven; bake for 10 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken reads 165° F. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Place the Fresh Express® Sweet Kale Chopped Kits® and quinoa into a large bowl; toss with the salad dressing. Add the toppings; toss to combine.
Divide salad evenly among four plates. Top with chicken; sprinkle with goat cheese.