Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 Fresh Express Sweet Kale Chopped Kit
- ½ Cup Onions, small diced
- 1 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, roasted
- 1 ½ Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Red and White Quinoa Blend
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Chicken Thighs, boneless skinless
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Rosemary, minced
- Kosher Salt to Taste
- Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- 2 Tbsp. Goat Cheese, Crumbled
- Pre-heat a convection oven to 375 °
- In a medium size sauce pan, heat over medium high heat.
- Add oil and heat until the oil is shimmering
- Add garlic and onions. Sauté onions and garlic for one minute, or until opaque, reduce to a simmer and allow to caramelize for 5 minutes.
- In the same sauce pan add quinoa, and chicken stock.
- Bring the pot to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- Allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Chill and reserve.
- Pre-heat grill to medium high heat.
- Season chicken thighs oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on the grill, place the side that the skin would have been on first.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes until grill marks are achieved. Rotate chicken 45 degrees in either direction and cook for another 2 minutes. This will create the cross hatch grill marks. Flip chicken and repeat the steps. Cook until the chicken is to an internal temp of 165ºF
- For thicker cuts of chicken, transfer chicken on to a sheet pan and place in the oven until chicken is fully cooked. Chill and reserve.
- In a mixing bowl combine chilled quinoa with the Fresh Express Sweet Kale Chopped Kit. Toss with dressing and plate each salad separately.
- Slice chicken thighs and fan over each salad.
Put an Egg on It
It’s a myth that egg yolk is filled with “bad” cholesterol. Actually, one large egg contains important nutrients like vitamin D, riboflavin, phosphorous and selenium.