Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 2 (9.4-ounce) packages Fresh Express® Caesar Chopped Kit®
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- 4-5 tablespoons ice water
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons diced fresh basil
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- To make the crust:
Place the flour, cornmeal, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt into the bowl of a food processor; pulse until blended. Add butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water and pulse just until moist clumps form. Do not over process. Gather the dough into a ball; flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
Roll out dough to an 11-inch circle between two sheets of parchment paper. Remove top sheet of parchment paper; slide the crust onto a baking sheet, keeping bottom parchment in place.
- To make the topping:
Mix the cheese and basil in a small bowl. Sprinkle the cheese mixture over the dough, spreading to within 2 inches of the edge. Arrange the tomato slices over the cheese; sprinkle with the sugar, salt, and pepper. Fold the outer edge of the dough over the tomatoes, using the parchment paper as an aid. Overlap the dough slightly while folding and press gently to seal. The dough will only partially cover the tomatoes. Brush the crust with egg.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Cut into six pieces.
- To Make the Caesar Chopped Kit®:
Place the Fresh Express® Caesar Chopped Salad Kit® into a large bowl; toss with salad dressing and toppings.
- To Assemble:
Divide salad evenly among six plates; top with the tomato tart.