Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- Fresh Express Baby Spinach, stems removed
- 1 ear of sweet corn, shucked
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into very small florets
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced small
- 1 cup watermelon, diced in small, uniform pieces
- 4 large sea scallops
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- When boiling, add the corn and cauliflower. Cook for approximately 3 minutes, until the starchiness it out of the corn.
- When the corn and cauliflower are done cooking, transfer to an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Drain off water and ice, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss spinach, corn, cauliflower, avocado and watermelon with the dressing until well coated.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Coat a large, heavy sauté pan with extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Cook scallops in pan until they are golden brown on one side, about 2 minutes.
- Turn and brown on the other side, about 2 minutes. When finished cooking, serve on top of the salad or on the side.
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons crème fraiche
- 2 Tablespoons champagne vinaigrette
- 1 Tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white truffle oil (optional)
- Salt to taste
- In a blender, combine all ingredients, except for the oil.
- Slowly and gradually, in a stead stream, add the oil.
- Season with salt.
Average Rating 5 out of 5
This looks like a very delicious salad. I definitely will try it. Thanks Fresh Express. Cheers.
How many does this recipe serve? Looks delicious
Add a Comment