Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- Fresh Express Fancy Greens
- 1 pound skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces and pat dry
- 1 large garnet yam, peeled and cut into 1” cubes
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 3 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup toasted and chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Prepare your grill with a hot fire or heat an indoor grill pan over medium high heat. Allow meat to rest at least 30 minutes at room temperature before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss yams, onion and sage with 1 Tbsp oil and season with 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and brown sugar.
- Roast until tender and browned, about 20 minutes, tossing once.
- While potatoes are roasting, season steak with remaining salt and pepper and set aside until the fire or pan is hot. Cook steak 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare (internal temperature should be at least 145 degrees F). Transfer steaks to a cutting board and let rest.
- When the yams are done, gently toss together the Fresh Express Fancy Greens, yams and onions with the dressing. Portion onto 4 plates.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain and serve on top of salad and garnish each salad with pecans.
- 3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 Tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- In a serving bowl, whisk together vinegar, sour cream, honey, poppy seeds and chopped parsley.
Add a Poultry Protein
Shred some leftover chicken or turkey on top.