Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- Fresh Express Spring Mix
- 4 slices sprouted-whole grain bread (or whole wheat bread)
- 4 slices (4 ounces) of reduced-fat cheddar
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in extra virgin olive oil, drained and rinsed, sliced
- Spray butter
- Place two slices of cheese on a slice of bread. Top cheese with another slice of bread to form a sandwich. Repeat to form another sandwich.
- Spray both outer slices with spray butter.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add sandwich. Cook until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes, and then flip and cook another 3-5 minutes.
- When finished, carefully place the grilled cheese on a cutting board and let it rest for approximately 5 minutes.
- Carefully cut off the crust. Discard the crust and cut the grilled cheese into large dices (the size of a crouton).
- Place greens and sundried tomatoes in a bowl and toss with vinaigrette.
- When dressing is fully incorporated, portion into 4 salad bowls. Top each salad with grilled cheese croutons.
- 1/3 cup your favorite lite balsamic vinaigrette
Add a Poultry Protein
Shred some leftover chicken or turkey on top.