Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 bag Fresh Express Farmers Garden Mix
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 12-14 ounces), trimmed of excess fat
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grill pan
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 small jicama, peeled and julienned (about 2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, garlic, chili powder and cumin.
- Place the pork tenderloin in the bowl, and turn to coat the meat evenly with chili mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat, and brush with oil.
- Add pork and cook until browned and grill marks appear, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the pan to the oven.
- Roast the pork to desired doneness, 12-15 minutes for medium.
- Let meat stand for at least 5 minutes, then cut into 1/8 inch-thick slices, toss with reserved pan juices and set aside.
- Toss Fresh Express Farmers Garden with cilantro-lime dressing in a bowl, arrange salad on 4 plates, top with sliced pork tenderloin and serve.
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Coarse salt
- Ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the juices, vinegar, cilantro, and salt.
- Add the julienne-cut jicama to the bowl, toss gently, and season with salt and pepper.
Crunch it Up
Add some crunchy texture for interest. Try apples, radishes, snap peas, water chestnuts or any kind of nut or seed.