Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 (5 oz.) package Fresh Express Sweet and Crunchy Lettuce
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon garam masala, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large firm-ripe pears, Anjou or Bosc
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-1/2 ounces gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Place the nuts on a baking sheet and toast for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant. Transfer the nuts to a small bowl and toss with 1/2 teaspoon garam masala and salt. Set aside.
- Halve and core the pears; cut each half into 4 wedges. Arrange the wedges on their sides on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon garam masala. Place baking sheet in the middle rack of the oven. Roast pears for 15 minutes, turning once, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk the sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey and olive oil in a small bowl.
- To assemble, divide Fresh Express Sweet and Crunchy Lettuce among four salad plates. Top each salad with 4 pear slices; sprinkle with nuts and cheese. Drizzle with dressing.