Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 bag Fresh Express Iceberg Garden
- 1 1/4 pounds skirt steak, cut into four pieces and patted dry
- Coarse salt
- Ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 small garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, slivered
- 1/4 cup. dried cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Prepare your grill with a hot fire or heat an indoor grill pan over medium high heat.
- Season steak with salt and pepper and set aside till fire or pan is hot.
- Cook steak three to five minutes per side for medium-rare (internal temperature should be at least 145 degrees F).
- Transfer steaks to a cutting board and let rest.
- Heat a medium sauté pan with one tablespoon oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the green beans, slivered garlic and onions and cook for two minutes until beans have some toasted, "blistered" spots.
- Remove from heat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and divide among four plates.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain and fan atop the blistered beans.
- Quickly toss the Fresh Express Iceberg Garden salad with the dried cherries and almonds in the dressing and place alongside the beans.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- In a medium bowl, combine two tablespoons of olive oil, honey, Dijon and the Sherry vinegar, and whisk to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside until you are ready to build your salad.
Store it Smart
Keep leftover salad in its original container because it’s especially designed for keeping salad fresh for longer. Just seal it as tightly as possible.