Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 bag Fresh Express Iceberg Garden
- 1 1/4 pounds skirt steak, cut into four pieces and patted dry
- Coarse salt
- Ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 small garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, slivered
- 1/4 cup. dried cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Prepare your grill with a hot fire or heat an indoor grill pan over medium high heat.
- Season steak with salt and pepper and set aside till fire or pan is hot.
- Cook steak three to five minutes per side for medium-rare (internal temperature should be at least 145 degrees F).
- Transfer steaks to a cutting board and let rest.
- Heat a medium sauté pan with one tablespoon oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the green beans, slivered garlic and onions and cook for two minutes until beans have some toasted, "blistered" spots.
- Remove from heat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and divide among four plates.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain and fan atop the blistered beans.
- Quickly toss the Fresh Express Iceberg Garden salad with the dried cherries and almonds in the dressing and place alongside the beans.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- In a medium bowl, combine two tablespoons of olive oil, honey, Dijon and the Sherry vinegar, and whisk to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside until you are ready to build your salad.