Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- Fresh Express Spinach
- 12 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound whole wheat linguini
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon light butter spread made with extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add linguini and cook according to the directions on the package.
- In another large sauté pan, coat entire pan with cooking spray and then add butter.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper and sauté until opaque (approximately 3-5 minutes).
- Turn the heat on low and add cooked pasta, spinach, lemon juice, parsley and red pepper flakes. Toss well, until spinach is completely wilted. Serve immediately.
- *Note: make sure to add the cooked pasta immediately while it is hot, so that the heat from the pasta wilts the spinach.
ADD A LIGHT PROTEIN
Try baked or smoked salmon, or for something really quick and easy, try tuna.