Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 4-6 short ribs, bone in (approximately 6 pounds total)
- 1 750 ml bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery ribs, peeled and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 bunch of thyme
- 3 cups of water
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 bag Fresh Express 24 ounce Iceberg Garden
- 2 firm avocado, diced
- 2 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 lb coarsely grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1/2 fresh lime
- 50 blue corn tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Generously season the short ribs with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- In a large dutch oven, heat the olive oil and add the short ribs. Brown on each side, approximately 15 minutes (work in batches to prevent overcrowding)
- Transfer the ribs to a plate, set aside.
- In the dutch oven used to cook the short ribs, cook the onions, carrots and celery (approximately 5 minutes)
- Add the tomato paste and wine and bring to a boil over high heat then reduce to a simmer until wine is reduced by half (approximately 30 minutes)
- Add all thyme, bay leaves and garlic. Stir in water
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, return ribs to pot, cover and transfer to oven
- Cook until tender and falling off the bone (approximately 2 to 2 1/2 hours)
- When short ribs are done, fork off pieces onto a plate and season with salt and pepper to taste. *Strain off juices and save for a beef stock or sauce in the future
- In a bowl, mix all salad ingredients together. Top with shredded short rib and drizzle desired amount of ranch over the entire salad.
- Around the perimeter of the bowl, place blue corn tortilla chips.
- Finish with fresh lime juice.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, mix all ingredients. Serve chilled
Add a Poultry Protein
Shred some leftover chicken or turkey on top.