Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 package Fresh Express Baby Spinach
- 3 sweet red onions, sliced, halved & separated
- 1/2 of a sweet red pepper, julienned
- 4 Tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup bleu or feta cheese, crumbled
- 12 ounces uncooked sea scallops, not frozen
- No-stick cooking spray
- 1 Chipotle chili pepper
- Granulated garlic
- Let scallops thaw completely and let sit until room temperature.
- Wash scallops with cool water and blot very dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle scallops with chili pepper and garlic.
- Spray large non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat over medium-high heat until very hot, but don't let the pan smoke.
- Put seasoned scallops into skillet and cook for two minutes.
- Turn scallops over and cook for two more minutes.
- Remove scallops from hot pan and let cool.
- Place greens in a large salad bowl.
- Add onion rings, nuts and red pepper.
- Stir dressing, then pour desired amount on salad.
- Toss salad well, then serve on four individual salad dishes.
- Divide and arrange scallops on top of salads.
- Sprinkle each salad with bleu cheese.
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 2 Tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a microwavable bowl.
- Let sit for 15 - 20 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Heat dressing in the microwave for one minute.
- Stir just prior to using on salad.
- Refrigerate remaining dressing for up to two weeks.
Plus a Plant Protein
Quinoa, lentils and chickpeas are perfect plant-based proteins to add to your mix.