Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 package Fresh Express Baby Spinach
- 3 sweet red onions, sliced, halved & separated
- 1/2 of a sweet red pepper, julienned
- 4 Tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup bleu or feta cheese, crumbled
- 12 ounces uncooked sea scallops, not frozen
- No-stick cooking spray
- 1 Chipotle chili pepper
- Granulated garlic
- Let scallops thaw completely and let sit until room temperature.
- Wash scallops with cool water and blot very dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle scallops with chili pepper and garlic.
- Spray large non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat over medium-high heat until very hot, but don't let the pan smoke.
- Put seasoned scallops into skillet and cook for two minutes.
- Turn scallops over and cook for two more minutes.
- Remove scallops from hot pan and let cool.
- Place greens in a large salad bowl.
- Add onion rings, nuts and red pepper.
- Stir dressing, then pour desired amount on salad.
- Toss salad well, then serve on four individual salad dishes.
- Divide and arrange scallops on top of salads.
- Sprinkle each salad with bleu cheese.
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 2 Tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a microwavable bowl.
- Let sit for 15 - 20 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Heat dressing in the microwave for one minute.
- Stir just prior to using on salad.
- Refrigerate remaining dressing for up to two weeks.
Store it Smart
Keep leftover salad in its original container because it’s especially designed for keeping salad fresh for longer. Just seal it as tightly as possible.