Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 container Fresh Express Organic Fresh Herb Salad
- 4 large carrots, peeled, cut into chunks and oven roasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels, roasted and salted
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup sunflower sprouts (or substitute alfalfa sprouts)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place carrots on a baking sheet, coat with oil, season with salt and pepper and roast until just tender, approximately 20 minutes, then let cool.
- Empty salad mix into a large bowl.
- Add room temperature roasted carrots, sunflower kernels, and yellow pepper, drizzle with dressing and toss.
- Divide onto plates, top with sprouts and serve.
- 1 pint fresh carrot juice
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (Asian chili sauce) or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Boil carrot juice over medium-high heat, stirring often, until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Pour into a small bowl and let cool.
- Whisk in remaining dressing ingredients.
Plus a Plant Protein
Quinoa, lentils and chickpeas are perfect plant-based proteins to add to your mix.