Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 bag Fresh Express Premium Romaine
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more for seasoning
- 8 ounces orriechetti or Fusilli pasta
- 4 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 ounces green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Zucchini cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 petite basil leaves
- 1 (15-oz) can cooked kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to the boiling water.
- Add pasta, and cook until al dente, eight to 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Set aside.
- Heat two tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, and cook for two minutes.
- Add carrots and cauliflower, and cook until softened, about three minutes.
- Add green beans and zucchini, and cook another three minutes.
- Transfer to a medium bowl, and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, lay the sliced prosciutto on a baking sheet and cook at 350 degrees for eight to 12 minutes, just until crisp.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Remove the minestrone from the refrigerator, and stir in remaining olive oil, vinegar, tomatoes, basil, beans and pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place Fresh Express Premium Romaine on four plates and top with the chilled minestrone mixture and the crispy prosciutto.
- Serve immediately.