Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 package Fresh Express Baby Spinach
- 2 ounces bacon strips, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 2 ounces chicken breast
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In medium skillet, cook chicken in olive oil until brown.
- Remove from skillet and cut into ½ inch strips.
- Add bacon to skillet, and cook over medium heat for two minutes or until crisp.
- Reduce heat to low, and add dressing to bacon.
- Cook bacon and dressing for 30 seconds, stirring continuously.
- Empty greens into a large salad bowl.
- Pour dressing over greens, and toss well.
- Serve into four individual dishes.
- Arrange chicken strips and chopped egg on dish and serve immediately.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Juice & zest from one fresh lime
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Let sit for 15 - 20 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Stir just prior to using on salad.
- Refrigerate remaining dressing for up to two weeks.
Crunch it Up
Add some crunchy texture for interest. Try apples, radishes, snap peas, water chestnuts or any kind of nut or seed.