Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 (7-oz) package Fresh Express Fancy Greens
- 1 (7-oz) sourdough baguette, cut into eight 1/4-inch slices
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14-oz) can quartered artichoke hearts in water (drained)
- 1 1/2 cup pear, grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Brush bread with a tablespoon of oil.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine artichokes, tomatoes and onion.
- Gently toss.
- Pour vinaigrette over artichoke mixture and toss well to coat.
- Add the greens and warm sourdough crisps, and gently toss to coat.
- Divide onto four plates and serve.
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Combine mustard, garlic, basil and water in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
- Process until mixture is finely chopped.
- Add salt, vinegar, lemon juice, cumin, pepper and 1/4 cup oil.
- Process until mixture is smooth and combined, stopping to scrape sides of bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
Put an Egg on It
It’s a myth that egg yolk is filled with “bad” cholesterol. Actually, one large egg contains important nutrients like vitamin D, riboflavin, phosphorous and selenium.