Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 Fresh Express Pear Gorgonzola Salad Kit
- 3 Slices Prosciutto, 1/16th in. Slice
- 3 Halves Bosc Pear, Halved, Cored
- 2 Each Star Anise, Whole
- 16 Fl. Oz Red Wine
- 2 Each Clove, Whole
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 16 Fl. Oz. Water
- Preheat a convection oven to 375°.
- In a medium sauce pot combine star anise, red wine, cloves, cinnamon, and water.
- Bring the sauce pot to a light simmer and add Bosc pear halves.
- Continue to simmer for 20 minutes or until pear is soft to the touch but still has structure.
- Place the prosciutto on a parchment lined baking sheet; bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove pears from poaching liquid and allow chilling under refrigeration.
- Mix Fresh Express Pear Gorgonzola Salad Kit in a mixing bowl and toss with salad dressing.
- Garnish with crispy bits of prosciutto and shingled slices of the poached pears.
Put an Egg on It
It’s a myth that egg yolk is filled with “bad” cholesterol. Actually, one large egg contains important nutrients like vitamin D, riboflavin, phosphorous and selenium.