Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 Fresh Express Pear Gorgonzola Salad Kit
- 3 Slices Prosciutto, 1/16th in. Slice
- 3 Halves Bosc Pear, Halved, Cored
- 2 Each Star Anise, Whole
- 16 Fl. Oz Red Wine
- 2 Each Clove, Whole
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 16 Fl. Oz. Water
- Preheat a convection oven to 375°.
- In a medium sauce pot combine star anise, red wine, cloves, cinnamon, and water.
- Bring the sauce pot to a light simmer and add Bosc pear halves.
- Continue to simmer for 20 minutes or until pear is soft to the touch but still has structure.
- Place the prosciutto on a parchment lined baking sheet; bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove pears from poaching liquid and allow chilling under refrigeration.
- Mix Fresh Express Pear Gorgonzola Salad Kit in a mixing bowl and toss with salad dressing.
- Garnish with crispy bits of prosciutto and shingled slices of the poached pears.
Store it Smart
Keep leftover salad in its original container because it’s especially designed for keeping salad fresh for longer. Just seal it as tightly as possible.