Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 bag Fresh Express Shreds
- Coarse salt
- Ground pepper
- ½ pound sugar snap peas, string removed and cut in half
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled (cooked to internal temperature of 165 degrees F)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted peanuts, crushed
- Grill or pan cook two chicken breasts.
- Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, cook snap peas until bright green, about one minute.
- Remove from water and immediately submerge in an ice water bath to stop the cooking process.
- In a large bowl, toss together cooked snap peas, chicken, red bell peppers, carrots and green stalks of the green onions.
- Serve on top of Fresh Express Shreds drizzled with the Kung Pao vinaigrette and crushed peanuts.
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, white and green separated
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 Tablespoon Sambal sauce (chili paste)
- 2 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- In a blender, combine the whites of the green onions, oil, chili paste, lime juice, vinegar, brown sugar, soy and ginger.
- Blend until very smooth, about two minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Crunch it Up
Add some crunchy texture for interest. Try apples, radishes, snap peas, water chestnuts or any kind of nut or seed.