Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 2 (9-ounce) packages Fresh Express® Sweet Hearts® Lettuce Blend
- 1 small eggplant, sliced lengthwise into ½-inch planks
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced into ½-inch rounds
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into ½-inch rounds
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese
- Brush eggplant, yellow squash, zucchini, and halloumi cheese with olive oil.
- Heat an outdoor or indoor grill to medium-high; oil the grill grate with cooking spray. Grill the vegetables for 6 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until charred and tender. Transfer to a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill halloumi cheese for 2 to 3 minutes a side, or until browned; cut into ¼-inch thick slices.
- Arrange Fresh Express® Sweet Hearts® Lettuce Blend in a large serving bowl. Top with grilled vegetables and cheese. When ready to serve, toss ingredients and drizzle each salad with dressing.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh basil
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
- Note: Halloumi cheese is available at specialty grocery stores if your local grocer doesn’t carry it.