Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 bag Fresh Express Red Leaf Mix
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 ripe California avocado, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into thin rings (optional)
- 8 pieces of bacon, cooked until crispy and chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup English cucumber, diced
- 4 ounces bleu cheese, crumbled
- 4 petite (5-oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers
- In a deep baking dish, pour the buttermilk over chicken breasts, and let sit for one to three hours.
- Crush the crackers and place in another baking dish.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the buttermilk and lay them in the crackers, pressing to ensure the cracker sticks to the chicken.
- Lay chicken breasts on a lined baking sheet, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (internal temperature should be 165 degrees F).
- Let cool, and slice into thin strips.
- Divide Fresh Express salad onto four plates.
- Top each salad with two egg halves, tomato, avocado, red onions (optional), bacon, cucumber and crumbled bleu cheese.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Place slices of chicken on top of each salad, and serve.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Coarse salt
- Cracked pepper
- Place the mayonnaise, green onions, basil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup buttermilk, and process until just blended.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Put an Egg on It
It’s a myth that egg yolk is filled with “bad” cholesterol. Actually, one large egg contains important nutrients like vitamin D, riboflavin, phosphorous and selenium.