Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 2 (9.3 oz.) packages Fresh Express Twisted Caesar Greek Salad Kit
- 1 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground lamb or ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 3 teaspoons ZA’ATAR Spice Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (11.75 oz.) package Pita Pockets (4 whole pitas)
- Cook the onion in the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat for 4 minutes or until translucent; add the lamb or ground beef and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain any fat from the pan. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, ZA’ATAR, red pepper flakes, and salt; mix to combine. Cool slightly.
To make the Twisted Caesar Greek Salad:
- Place the two Fresh Express Twisted Caesar Greek Salad Kits into a large bowl; toss with the salad dressing. Add the toppings and toss to combine.
- Split each pita in half. Fill with 1/4 cup meat and 1/2 cup salad; arrange cucumber slices around the sides of the pita. Top with a few additional crumbles of meat. Serve with Twisted Greek Salad on the side.