Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 2 (9.3-ounce) packages Fresh Express® Twisted Greek Caesar Chopped Salad Kits®
- 1 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground lamb or ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 3 teaspoons ZA’ATAR Spice Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (11.75-ounce) package Pita Pockets (4 whole pitas)
- Cook the onion in the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat for 4 minutes or until translucent; add the lamb or ground beef and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain any fat from the pan. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, ZA’ATAR, red pepper flakes, and salt; mix to combine. Cool slightly.
To Make the Twisted Greek Caesar Chopped Salad:
- Place the Fresh Express® Twisted Greek Caesar Chopped Salad Kits® into a large bowl; toss with salad dressing and toppings.
- Split each pita in half. Fill with 1/4 cup meat and 1/2 cup salad; arrange cucumber slices around the sides of the pita. Top with a few additional crumbles of meat. Serve with Twisted Greek Caesar Chopped Salad on the side.