Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 (14-ounce) package Chiquita Bites®: Juicy Green Apples
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut bacon
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Arrange apple slices on a large plate. Drizzle with almond butter. Sprinkle with coconut bacon, raisins, and almonds.
Coconut Bacon Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (not shredded)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Coconut Bacon Instructions:
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the maple syrup, liquid smoke, and soy sauce in a bowl. Add the coconut flakes; stir to coat. Sprinkle with salt. Spread the coconut on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, separating the flakes.
- Bake for 10 minutes; then turn the pieces over with a spatula. Continue baking for 5 to 8 minutes or until the coconut is dark brown and crispy. Store leftover coconut bacon in a sealed container.
- To thin the almond butter, warm it in the microwave and stir briskly. Do not add water or any other liquid as it will cause it to turn lumpy.
- An easy way to drizzle the almond butter is to place it in a resealable sandwich bag and snip the corner.
- Note: Substitute peanut butter for the almond butter and real bacon for the coconut bacon, if desired.