Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 2 (14-ounce) packages Chiquita Bites®: Juicy Green Apples
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on package
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place rack on lowest shelf in oven. Heat a pizza stone or baking sheet on the rack.
- Place Chiquita Bites®: Juicy Green Apples into a large bowl. Drizzle with water and lemon juice; toss to coat. Let sit for 15 minutes; drain well.
- Combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon in bowl. Sprinkle over drained apples; toss to coat.
- Unroll the pie crust and press into a 9-inch pie plate; crimp the edges. Add the apple filling, mounding apples toward the center.
- Combine the flour and brown sugar in a bowl. Using a pastry blender or a fork, mix the butter until small crumbs form. Spread evenly over the apples. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Place pie plate on heated pizza stone or baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes or until pie crust and crumb topping are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Tip: Cover edge of crust with strips of foil if it starts to get too brown.