Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 (5-oz) package Fresh Express 50/50 Mix
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup white cannellini or black beans, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped coarsely
- 1 avocado, cut into pieces
- Cook quinoa according to package directions and let cool.
- Mix beans with vinegar and set aside.
- In a salad bowl, empty the lettuce bag.
- Top with red peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, cilantro, cooled quinoa and beans.
- Toss well with enough dressing to coat.
- Add avocado.
- Toss again and divide the salad onto individual plates to serve.
- 4 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Blend all ingredients well.
Put an Egg on It
It’s a myth that egg yolk is filled with “bad” cholesterol. Actually, one large egg contains important nutrients like vitamin D, riboflavin, phosphorous and selenium.