Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 2 (5-ounce) packages Fresh Express® Spinach & Arugula
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 12 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- In a small bowl, combine the canola oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, rosemary and salt. Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl; drizzle with the canola oil mixture and toss to coat. Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender. Cool to room temperature.
- Place green beans in a large skillet; add water. Bring to a boil over high heat; cover and cook for three minutes. Remove cover and cook for one minute or until water evaporates and beans are crisp-tender; drain. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cool to room temperature.
- Arrange Fresh Express® Spinach & Arugula in a large serving bowl. Top with the sweet potatoes, green beans, and walnuts. When ready to serve, toss ingredients and drizzle each salad with dressing.
- 1-1/4 cups fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Zest from one orange
- Cranberry Orange Balsamic Dressing
- Bring the orange juice and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the cranberries; reduce heat to low. Once the cranberries begin to pop, add the balsamic vinegar and orange zest. Cook, stirring occasionally, for five to seven minutes or until cranberries turn soft. Cool to room temperature. Purée half of the dressing in a food processor; combine with remaining dressing and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Can be made a day or two ahead of time.