Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 bag Fresh Express Green & Crisp salad
- 2 cups roasted or grilled chicken (internal temperature of 165 degrees F), chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup potatoes, steamed or roasted, chilled and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup green beans, cooked, chilled, and chopped (or substitute raw sugar snap peas)
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced
- Place lettuce mix in a salad bowl, and add in all other ingredients.
- Make dressing, then gently mix into salad.
- Divide onto plates and serve.
- 1 small garlic clove, smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoon sour cream
- 3 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sprinkle the garlic with a pinch of salt, and mash to a paste.
- In a bowl, whisk together the garlic, onion powder, sour cream, mayonnaise and vinegar.
- Whisk in the buttermilk, and season with pepper.
Crunch it Up
Add some crunchy texture for interest. Try apples, radishes, snap peas, water chestnuts or any kind of nut or seed.