Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 bag Fresh Express American salad
- 2 cups roasted or grilled chicken (cooked to internal temperature of 165 degrees F), chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked black beans, rinsed and drained, warm or room temp.
- 2 cup cooked brown or white rice, warm or room temp.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Empty salad bag into a large bowl.
- Add in chicken, peppers and tomatoes.
- Toss with the salsa vinaigrette.
- Divide the rice and black beans into serving bowls.
- Top with salad mix, and garnish with shredded cheese.
- ½ cup prepared salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chile powder
- 2 Tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl, or mix in a blender.
- Thin if needed with a small amount of water (salsas vary in thickness).