Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 2 (10.9-ounce) packages Fresh Express® Sweet Kale Chopped Kits®
- 12 slices bacon (regular cut)
- 2 cups strawberries, cut in half
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1-1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 large red apple, cored, thinly sliced
To make the bacon roses:
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Trim any excess fat along the edge of the bacon strips. Roll up each strip of bacon with the meatier side along the top. Roll the top edges over a little to create a flower petal. Slide a toothpick horizontally through the bacon rolls to keep them together; place into mini muffin trays. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through. Note, if they get too dark on top and aren’t fully cooked on the bottom, carefully flip them over, using the toothpick. Cool slightly.
- Arrange the Fresh Express® Sweet Kale Chopped Kits® in the center of a large platter. Transfer the toppings and dressing into two small bowls and place on the platter. Arrange the strawberries and oranges at one end of the platter and the blueberries at the other end. Place the bacon roses between the fruit and the greens. Arrange the apple slices around the edges in the middle of the platter.
- Note: The bacon roses can be made a day ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. Warm up briefly in the microwave before serving.