Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 (5 oz.) package Fresh Express Baby Kale Mix, chopped
- 3 cups chopped butternut squash
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 oz. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. frozen phyllo pastry, thawed (half of a 1-lb package)
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Place a rack in the lower third of the oven; heat to 400°F.
Cook butternut squash and red onion in olive oil in an 11-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until squash is tender. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add Italian seasoning, lemon zest, salt, and pepper; mix well. Cool slightly. Clean the inside of the skillet with a paper towel.
Add chopped Baby Kale Mix and eggs to squash mixture; gently stir to combine. Layer phyllo sheets inside the skillet, leaving 2 inches of the dough hanging over the edge of the skillet. Spoon kale and squash mixture over phyllo dough, top with goat cheese and walnuts. Fold the edges of the phyllo dough over the filling, overlapping slightly, leaving center exposed. Brush the phyllo dough with olive oil.
Place the skillet on the stove and cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until the bottom of the pastry is golden. (Carefully lift up one side with a spatula so that you can check the bottom of the phyllo pastry.) Transfer skillet to the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the center reads 165°F and phyllo is golden brown. Let pie cool in skillet for 10 minutes before slicing into six wedges.