Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 bag Fresh Express Baby Spinach
- 1 large beet
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 apple, sliced in slivers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice off the beet leaves close to the tip, wash the beet and loosely wrap it in aluminum foil.
- Transfer the wrapped beet to a baking sheet and roast for about 40 minutes, until a fork slides easily in the middle.
- Let the beets cool enough to handle. Holding the beet with a paper towel, use the edges of the towel to rub the skin away. The skin will peel off easily. (If it doesn't, the beet may need to cook a little longer.) Cut into chunks.
- In a serving bowl, add spinach, pumpkin seeds, apple and desired amounts of vinaigrette.
- Toss & top with goat cheese and beets.
- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- In a blender, add all ingredients except oil.
- In a slow and steady stream, gradually add oil until smooth and well-incorporated.