Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 (9.7-ounce) package Fresh Express® Twisted Avocado Caesar Chopped Salad Kit®
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn, thawed, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- Mix the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the corn, onion, and cilantro; toss to coat.
- Mix the milk and eggs in a small bowl; add to the flour and corn mixture. Stir, just until all of the flour is incorporated; the batter will be quite thick.
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Drop 1/4-cup portions of the batter into the pan, flatten slightly with the back of a spoon or a spatula. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden-brown on the bottom. Turn over with a spatula and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden-brown. Transfer the fritters with a spatula to a paper-towel lined plate; keep warm. Continue making fritters, adding more oil as necessary.
- To Make the Twisted Avocado Caesar Chopped Salad Kit®:
Place the Fresh Express® Twisted Avocado Caesar Chopped Salad Kits® into a large bowl; toss with half of the salad dressing. Add the toppings and toss to combine.
- To Assemble:
Divide salad evenly on four plates. Serve with two pancakes, drizzled with remaining dressing.
- Note: The corn fritters recipe makes 12. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze them.