Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- This colorful meatless salad will satisfy and delight while providing lots of plant-based nutrients.
- 1 cup dry red lentils
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart broccoli crowns, cut into small pieces
- 1 quart cauliflower florets, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In a saucepan combine lentils, carrot, onion, thyme, and salt. Add enough water to cover by 1-inch. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until lentils are tender but not too soft; drain. Cool.
- Meanwhile, place the broccoli and cauliflower in a large bowl. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Spread vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 425°F for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool.
- To serve, divide the spinach and arugula among 4 plates. Top with the lentils, broccoli, cauliflower, and cherry tomatoes, dividing equally. Drizzle with the Curry Cucumber Yogurt dressing.
- 1 cup Cucumber Ranch Yogurt Dressing
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl, combine the Cucumber Yogurt dressing and curry; mix well.