Caprese Candy Cane Salad
This classic Italian appetizer also is an easy and fun salad to make for the holidays.
- 2 (6-ounce) packages Fresh Express® Sweet Butter Lettuce
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 small plum tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch-thick
- 7-8 basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate arils
- Crostini crackers, optional
Pomegranate Vinaigrette Ingredients (makes 1-1/3 cups):
- 1 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Arrange Fresh Express® Sweet Butter Lettuce on a large oval platter. Place one slice of mozzarella cheese and one tomato slice in a row to create a candy cane shape on top of the lettuce. Place basil leaves around the edges of the tomatoes and cheese. Sprinkle the lettuce with pomegranate arils.
Serve with Pomegranate Vinaigrette on the side.
Pomegranate Vinaigrette Instructions: