Baby Spinach Roasted Beet Salad
Roasted beets, baby spinach, dried figs and cashews with creamy goat cheese make a delicious salad to serve at any meal.
- 2 packages Fresh Express® Baby Spinach (5-ounce)
- 2 medium-sized red beets washed and trimmed
- 2 medium-sized golden beets washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup cashews roasted, salted
- 1-1/2 cups dried figs halved
- 4 ounces goat cheese crumbled
Honey Balsamic Dressing
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat oven to 425°F.
Place beets into a baking pan. Rub them with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover the baking pan with foil; bake for one hour or until a sharp knife easily slides into the beet. Remove from oven and cool slightly; use paper towels to wipe off the skin. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick pieces; then cut in half. Cool completely.
Arrange Fresh Express® Baby Spinach in a large serving bowl. Add beets, cashews, and figs; mix well. Top with goat cheese crumbles. Once salad is served, drizzle each portion with Honey Balsamic dressing.