Caesar Niçoise Salad
Combine two classic salads — the Caesar and the French Niçoise — to create a show-stopping entrée.
- 2 packages Fresh Express® Caesar Chopped Kits® (9.4-ounce)
- 8 ounces small redskin potatoes cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for finishing
- 8 ounces green beans trimmed
- 1 can tuna fish (12-ounce) drained
- 1 large tomato cut into wedges
- 4 ounces pitted Kalamata or Niçoise olives
- Salt and pepper
Heat oven to 400°F.
Place the potatoes in a large bowl; toss with olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.Place potatoes on a baking sheet; bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender and skins are slightly blistered. Cool to room temperature.
Place green beans in a large skillet; add water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat; cover and cook for three minutes. Remove cover and cook for one minute or until water evaporates and beans are crisp-tender; drain. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cool to room temperature.
Place the Fresh Express® Caesar Chopped Kits® into a large bowl; toss with the salad dressing. Add the toppings; toss to combine. Arrange the salad on a large oval platter; place the tuna in the center. Arrange the green beans, tomato, and olives in groupings around the tuna. Finish with a little drizzle of olive oil.
Tip: Like anchovies? Add 8 anchovy fillets as another tasting ingredient.