Grilled Fajita Steak Salad
Fresh Express helps you turn fajitas, a popular Mexican restaurant dish, into a delicious salad with our crisp Hearts of Romaine lettuce topped with all the traditional fixings.
- 2 (9-ounce) packages Fresh Express® Hearts of Romaine Lettuce
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, cut into thin strips
- 1 small red onion, peeled, cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sirloin steak
- 2 teaspoons fajita seasoning mix
- 1 (10-ounce) package cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, sliced
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package Santa Fe Tortilla Strips
- Cotija Cilantro dressing
Heat an outdoor or indoor grill to medium-high. Toss the peppers and onion with olive oil in a large bowl. If using an outdoor grill, transfer vegetables to a grill basket. Grill the vegetables, turning often, for 10 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a bowl; cool slightly.
Sprinkle both sides of the steak with fajita seasoning. Heat an outdoor or indoor grill to medium-high; oil the grill grate. Grill steak for 4 to 5 minutes a side or until meat reaches desired doneness (medium-rare is very pink in the center; medium is light pink in the center; well-done is brown throughout). Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
Divide the Fresh Express® Hearts of Romaine Lettuce evenly into four bowls. Top with the grilled vegetables, steak, tomatoes, avocado, and tortilla strips. Serve with Cotija Cilantro dressing.