Watch simple and tasty how-tos,
tips and recipes.
- 1 bag Fresh Express Spinach (6 ounces)
- 1 bag Fresh Express 50/50 Mix (6 ounces)
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 cups of your favorite marinara
- 1 cup low fat ricotta
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces (approximately 2 cups) sliced baby bella mushrooms (or your favorite type of mushroom)
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano, grated
- 1/2 cup pecorino romano, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add oil. When oil is heated, add the garlic and cook for about one minute, making sure it does not turn brown. Add mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes, until tender (noteif the mushrooms are too dry while sautéing, add 1-2 Tbsp of water.) Add the spinach and continue to cook until it is wilted. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. When fully cooked, turn off the heat.
- Whisk ricotta, 1/4 cup parmigiano, 1/4 cup romano, Italian seasoning, egg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl to blend, set aside.
- Spoon approximately 1/4 cup of marinara into a baking dish.
- Lay lasagna noodles on a work surface then spread a spoonful of ricotta on each noodle. Then layer a spoonful of marinara on each noodle. Lastly, spread a spoonful of spinach and mushroom mixture on top. Then, starting at one end, roll the lasagna into a roll.
- When all the rolls are finished, using a large spoon, carefully place them into the baking dish. Then, top each roll with a spoonful of marinara. Sprinkle approximately 1 tbsp of pecorino romano over the rolls. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- When the rolls are finished, remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- For the salad, in a large bowl, toss 50/50 mix lettuce with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle remaining pecorino romano on the salad. Place on 4 plates and then top each salad with two lasagna rolls.
- 4 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil